Friday, May 21, 2010

. . . I'm Just a Summer Girl

I've always thought that I can dress for any occasion and do an adequate job of fitting in (who wants to fully fit in when they could stand out?). After two years of school in Dallas, I have had multiple people point out to me that I wear a lot of black. Coming from Chicago, in the winter time I generally do wear a ton of black. It seems as though this has translated into a lot of my other clothes, with black bags, shoes, jackets, jeans, leggings, tops, dresses, etc falling into other seasons. My goal for this post was to find the best summer dresses, none of which can be black. I think I encompassed a wide range of occasions, from a night out to daytime to the beach, in a variety of bright colors. Next step: find a way to get them all!




Rory Beca Kessey Dress $161, available here



Karina Grimaldi maria Mini Dress $181, available here
I own this in black in romper form and I love it!


DVF Tank Coverup Dress $225, available here


Rebecca Taylor Perfect Party Dress $350, available here


Rebecca Taylor Pin Dot Runway Dress $275, available here


Rachel Pally Shirred Cami Long Dress $220, available here


Parker Floral Cami Dress $187, available here


Amanda Uprichard Ruffle Tube Romper $180, available here
Her clothes always fit amazingly! I know when I put on something she has made I'll feel great all day.


Dolce Vita "Patricia" dress $145, available here



Dolce Vita "Judy" dress $120, available here


BCBG $128, available here


Heidi Merrick Isabella Swirl Dress $490, available here


Marc by Marc Jacobs



Marc by Marc Jacobs

3 comments:

  1. what a fabulous collection of summer dresses! we are just going into winter, how depressing =(

    stop by our fashion blog,we are giving away designer glasses.. we hope you love it!

    xx .sabo skirt.

    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Parker one is attn grabbing for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree that the Parker has the most edge - I'm thinking it would look great with similar sky-high black shoes to the picture and maybe a black leather motorcycle stlye jacket on top. I like the Rory Beca for more of a night out on the town, and I think the Rachel Pally maxi dress is a perfect comfortable daytime dress. The Diane von Furstenburg makes me want to go to the beach! The two Marc by Marc Jacobs and the BCBG remind me the most of the Southern Belle look that many of my friends love - maybe a weekend brunch type outfit for Marc and tropical vacation for BCBG.

    Do any of the dresses speak to you in terms of certain occasions?

    And can you tell I generally go for cooler tones - blues, greens, purples . . . that's where I find the most of my color in my wardrobe, with the occasional red and pink thrown in. Yellow and I do not mesh well!

    ReplyDelete